Amazon Renewed Program. How to Sell Refurbished Products?
January 29, 2019
What is Amazon Certified Refurbished Program?
On the Amazon platform, both new and refurbished products can be found. Renewed items are in the fully working condition, however, their cost may be less. ‘Refurbished products’ stands by returned by customers items or ones with outdated software. Many of these products have been never used and returned due to minor issues.
Still, you can keep calm and purchase such products, as qualified specialists of the Amazon certified refurbished program test and check devices so they all are like new when being sold on Amazon.
You can scroll the official website and see what ‘renewed’ means on Amazon. All the items look wonderful and like new!
Well, anyone is striving to make more money on Amazon, and their Amazon Renewed program is one more chance to reach this goal. In this article, we want to shed the light on the basics of the Amazon Renewed program: how to participate, what sellers have to do to take part in it, and how to be successful in selling refurbished items.
Is Selling Renewed Products on Amazon Profitable?
Yes, it is! What’s more, here is a list of other benefits for sellers:
- Exclusive program. You almost avoid all the competition. Nevertheless, not all sellers can take part in the Amazon Renewed program. Only those who meet the highest Amazon’s requirements are eligible to sell Amazon certified refurbished products. Once you are in, you get the whole bunch of new opportunities.
- Access to millions of customers on Amazon. The marketplace has lots of loyal customers who trust Amazon. Billions of shoppers visit the platform every month, so take advantage of presenting your product to them.
- The best eCommerce solutions. FBA and professional selling tools help business owners leverage what they do and introduce new products quickly and efficiently. No matter if these are new or Amazon certified refurbished products.
- Rapid business growth. Selling pre-owned, certified refurbished or open-box items allows you to get more sales quickly, as people like discounts and don’t always pay attention to the word ‘refurbished’.
What Are Amazon Renewed Products?
There are specific categories you can sell certified refurbished products in:
- Laptops and computers.
- Headphones and audio.
- Video game consoles.
- TV sets.
- Home and industrial tools.
- Office equipment.
- Home appliances.
- Kitchen appliances.
- Outdoor and sports.
- Automotive parts.
- Musical instruments.
How to Sell Refurbished Products on Amazon?
If you have decided that the Amazon Renewed program suits your needs and interests, let’s see how to get started.
- Register as an Amazon seller. If you have an account, just log into Seller Central.
- Find product opportunities. For selling in the certified refurbished Amazon program, you have to show Amazon invoices of 500 renewed units of $50.000 total value. You must have refurbished purchases in 90 days before submitting this application. First, come up with the category you want to work with.
- Find suitable products. They should be of high demand among customers and have good quality and low price. Here are some ideas where to search for them: manufacturers, liquidation companies or Alibaba marketplace.
- Submit an application to the Amazon Renewed program. You have to meet Amazon’s requirements for that. First, collect your invoices as we said before. Next, make sure your defect rate is of 0.8% or even less. You have to prove it with at least 700 orders in the last 90 days. You also need a permission to sell factory renewed items with no warranty from the manufacturer and provide your own 90-days warranty. Make sure you’re not going to sell Apple or Samsung certified refurbished products, as Amazon is not accepting them at the moment.
- Start selling! Once you are approved for participating in the Amazon Renewed program, start creating listings and selling pre-owned, certified refurbished or open-box products on Amazon.
How Can Amazon Help?
Amazon needs sellers for the Amazon Renewed program, so you can pass the approval process and get help from experts. Here is what they usually offer:
- Help from the Amazon onboarding team. You get your store launched as soon as possible.
- You get help with inventory loading, spreadsheets, and other operational things.
- Amazon helps you protect your brand and pricing.
- They give you the opportunity to run Best Deals. Your account manager will help you with getting started.
In the end, we would like to share some useful tips for you to get the most from the Amazon Renewed program.
- The price for a certified refurbished product on Amazon should be 20% or more off the new price.
- Start with 15 SKUs or more.
- Use Sponsored Ads for driving traffic to your refurbished items.
After all, you now can decide whether selling certified refurbished products on Amazon is good for you. We hope that if you start working with the Amazon Renewed program, your profits will grow soon!